NBCUniversal Upfront 2023
For the third year in a row, ATOMIC was brought in to help assist our friends Hudson Gray, Matt Steinbrenner, and Brie Rogers to help build the set for the NBCUniversal Upfront at the ever-grandiose venue, Radio City Music Hall in New York City.
Presenter Wall Built By ATOMIC
A Majestically Large Bowtie Wall
ATOMIC was called in to be the main scenic shop to help custom fabricate various pieces for the upfront event, including:
Presenter Walls Stage Left and Stage Right:
- Custom fabricated with wood and metal
- Bottom portion was 35’W x 12’H x 8’D
- Top portion added 13’ making the total height 25’
- The core construction was built to cradle flat video tiles and because of the forc perspective design, they appeared curved to the audience. 🤯
- An aluminum framed IMEG screen on top portion completed the look
- For added intrigue and cohesion with the main stage design, parts of the walls were wrapped in muslin and blackout fabric.
- Custom fabricated with wood and aluminum
- Impressive dims at 104’W x 40’H x 1’D
- Weighed in at over 12k lbs.!!!
- Included three separate LED systems that all complemented each other. Pixel control was used on all sweeps, integrated with 100+ star effect nodes, and 15K+ linear feet of LED were oriented to accentuate the top and bottom of the horizontal sections.
- Edge masking on LED Screens
- 10K sq. ft. of high gloss black on the stages
The NBCUniversal Upfront is an annual event held by NBCUniversal to showcase its upcoming programming lineup to advertisers and media industry professionals. The term “upfront” refers to the time period when television networks preview their programming for the upcoming season and sell advertising space in advance.
During the NBCU Upfront Presentation, NBCUniversal presents its new and returning shows across its various networks and platforms, including NBC, Bravo, USA Network, Syfy, Telemundo, and more. The event typically features presentations, trailers, and previews of the network’s upcoming series, as well as appearances by artists, celebrities and executives from the entertainment industry.
The purpose of the NBCU Upfront Presentation is to attract advertising partners and secure ad commitments for the upcoming television season. Advertisers attend the event to get a glimpse of the new shows and programming strategies, which helps them make informed decisions about where to allocate their advertising budgets.
The NBCU Upfront Presentation is an important event in the television industry, as it sets the stage for the upcoming programming season and provides a platform for NBCUniversal to showcase its content and engage with advertisers.
Advertisers attending the event saw presentations by NBCUniversal executives, and some live music performances by:
- Grace Potter
- Reba McEntire
- Nick Jonas