TEMPORARY Metal Fabricator
Do you have the Aluminum TIG Welding chops, but enjoy the freelance lifestyle? Want to work on some cool projects with even cooler people? Check out this opportunity to jump in for a quick swim with Team ATOMIC!
Build aluminum and steel scenic elements based on a plan, drawing or request. This is a temporary role occurring in the window of September and October 2023.
- Weld and finish scenic elements to meet ATOMIC and client standards.
- Prepare elements for next step of process (labelling, packaging, etc.)
- Maintain a clean and organized metal shop.
- Keep accurate records of inventory usage.
- Interact with others on the shop floor, providing support as needed.
- Contribute to the development of a safety culture.
- The Metal Fabricator reports to the Metal Shop Lead.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong metal fabrication skills (including aluminum TIG welding).
- Working knowledge of scenic construction and rigging.
- Knowledge of theater terms and procedures.
- Ability to read drawings and ground plans.
- Communication skills.
- Honest & Forthright
Credentials & Experience
- 5+ years of applicable metal fabrication experience.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- Those necessary for general warehouse work
- Typical manufacturing environment for the majority of the time with occasional offsite work at industry-based venues.