Provide day-to-day oversight within the Project Management team with emphasis on resourcing, technical advising, and professional development.
- Plan and assign resources to projects with the goal of providing a balanced workload for the team.
- Communicate daily, weekly, and monthly planning, goals and results, as well as upcoming events, safety topics, and special assignments.
- Manage direct reports and their activities. This includes overall performance management; training and development; analyzing and resolving work problems.
- Leverage technical design expertise to be an advisor to the team for materials, resources, and budgeting.
- Oversee the hiring and orienting of new Project Management team members.
- Lead team to achieve goals; promote and demonstrate effective communication and positive culture, etc.
- Identify problems and root causes to issues preventing successful project completion.
- Partner with account management to support project definition and quoting for custom fabrication projects.
- Establish team goals to meet or exceed performance expectations and develop a strategy for process improvement.
- Be a role model to all employees that is positive and proactive towards challenges, while living ATOMICs core values.
- Participate in the yearly budgeting process with Management.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing appropriate standards and procedures and complying with those established by the Safety Committee.
- The Technical Design Program Manager reports to the Vice President of Technical Design and leads a team of Project Managers and Assistant Project Managers. The Program Manager works closely with other Program Managers, Operations Managers, and Account Managers.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Problem-solving skills.
- Relationship-building skills.
- People management and leadership abilities.
- Written and verbal interpersonal and team communication skills; strong listening skills.
- Ability to lead process improvement projects with effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take ideas from inception to fulfillment.
- Team building abilities. Ability to lead, develop, coach, train and inspire others.
- Ability to manage conflict.
- Basic understanding of finance and budget development/management skills
- Ability to see the big picture.
- Advanced skills in Vectorworks or other CAD programs.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of materials.
- Honest & Forthright
- Creative thinker
Credentials and Experience
- Minimum of 2-years’ experience leading a team and in a leadership role.
- Minimum of 1-year of experience leading process management.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Technical Design.
- Exposure to change management practices.
- PMP training, certification, and/or experience.
- Maintain a valid passport.
- Those necessary for general office work.
- Primarily office environment, with warehouse environment at times.
- Travel with work outdoors or inside event venues
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the year, both domestically and internationally.
Hey there. Yes, we’re talking to you…the reader of this job posting! Before you move on, here’s something to think about. Job descriptions can be overwhelming to read and can feel like an exercise to fuel self-doubt. A career is a journey of personal and professional growth and development. This means that most of the time a candidate will NOT meet every single job requirement. Perhaps you’re feeling that in this very moment. Studies show that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a job unless they meet every single job requirement. ATOMIC is committed to being an inclusive team that provides opportunity for all and celebrates the individual! So, if you’re excited about this role, and you’re on the fence…boldly approach the “apply now” button below to learn more!