Are you the MacGyver of onsite installation and technical problem solving? Are you basically a human Swiss army knife? Do you have a heaping scoop of a “take charge, can do” attitude, sprinkled with the magical ability to smooth over any situation? Grab your safety helmet and continue reading!
Provide a smooth transition and install of projects and a successful onsite experience for ATOMIC and the customer.
- Work with the assigned project team to gain a full scope of each project prior to load out.
- Identify tech space needed to properly tech desired elements.
- Allocate proper time period in which the tech process should begin and end, this would include the loading of trucks. (Work Back Schedule)
- Tech all elements required for a successful on-site experience, calling for adjustments and/or corrections as needed.
- Process and pack all custom goods for travel, as required based on Profit Center.
- Outline all tools and equipment necessary to accomplish on-site build.
- Label and package set pieces and manage the element list in preparation for load out.
- Lead labor crews and other onsite vendors to properly load in, install, strike, and load out.
- Represent ATOMIC onsite with a high level of client service and professionalism.
- Maintain all ATOMIC supplies/road box onsite.
- Provide skilled contributions in any department across all ATOMIC Profit Centers.
- Contribute to the development of a safety culture.
- Travel required, approximately 90/120 days/year. Most domestic but some may be international.
Reporting and Organizational Relationships
- The Road Tech reports to the Tech Lead and works closely with the Project Managers, Account Managers and all other Leads.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong Leadership skills.
- Basic carpentry skills.
- Scenic rigging skills.
- Basic soft good skills.
- Ability to read drawings and ground plans.
- Knowledge of theater terms and procedures.
- Time management skills.
- Delegation skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Strong communications skills.
- Machine operation. (Forklift, Scissor lift, Lull)
- Honest & Forthright
Credentials & Experience
- 5+ years of onsite installation experience in the scenic industry or other applicable experience.
- 3+ years experience as technical director in a professional theatre preferred.
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and passport.
Physical Requirements / Work Environment
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
- Those necessary for general warehouse work in typical manufacturing environment as well as offsite work at various venues.