Responsible for technical design, planning and overseeing projects from the initial ideation through to completion. Coordinate people, build, and processes to deliver projects on time, within budget to meet client expectations.
- Maintain a highly collaborative relationship with the assigned Assistant Project Manager, Shop operations and client.
- Research and develop design solutions to include methods, materials, and details of the build including engineering and problem solving with manufacturing.
- Ensure all stakeholders understand the client’s goals and priorities.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to stakeholders about progress, schedule and change orders. This includes to ensure the project schedule is clearly established, understood, and maintained.
- Utilize industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution.
- Coordinate and collaborate with outside vendors.
- Contribute to the development of a safety culture by ensuring the project complies with all applicable safety standards.
This position reports to the Director of Technical Design and works closely with the Assistant Project Managers, and the Directors of Operations.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Understanding of home construction and design.
- Advanced drawing skills in Vectorworks or other CAD programs.
- Knowledge of construction terms and manufacturing operations.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of materials.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Excellent math and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and extremely resourceful
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
- Emotional intelligence
- Attention to detail
- Calm under pressure
Desired Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in project management or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of applicable experience in the construction industry.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Maintain a valid passport.
- Those necessary for general office work and occasional shop/onsite work
- Primarily office environment, with warehouse environment at times.