Responsible for technical design, planning and overseeing projects from the initial ideation through to completion. Coordinate people, build, and processes to deliver projects on time, within budget to meet client expectations.
- Utilize simple, clever technical design including industry best practices, techniques, and standards throughout entire project execution to achieve the design within the set budget.
- Lead and support cross functional teams to achieve the client’s goals and priorities.
- Research, develop and model technical design solutions to include methods, materials, and details of the build that can be handed to Assistant Project Managers and shared with operations for build.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to stakeholders about progress, schedule and change orders. This includes to ensure the project schedule is clearly established, understood, and maintained.
- Coordinate and collaborate with outside vendors.
- Ensure smooth integration with onsite services whether ATOMIC or otherwise from load-in through strike.
- Assist in estimate preparation bringing technical build knowledge to the initial client concept/design.
- Contribute to the development of a safety culture by ensuring the project complies with all applicable safety standards.
This position reports to the Program Manager and works closely with the Account Managers, Assistant Project Managers, and the Operations team members.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Advanced skills in Vectorworks or other CAD programs.
- Experience of set construction and rigging, truss, etc.
- Knowledge of theater terms and operations.
- Technical knowledge of safety factors inherent in live event projects.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of materials.
- Team player with ability to collaborate cross functionally.
- Inquisitive with strong interpersonal skills and outstanding attention to detail.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to solve problems creatively
- Excellent math and analytical skills
- Proven ability to complete projects according to outlined scope, budget, and timeline
|· Emotional intelligence
||· Calm under pressure
|· Attention to detail
Desired Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Theater, Scenic Design or related field with 5-years’ experience.
- Minimum 3 years of technical design experience for a scenic shop, entertainment company, theme park group, or theatrical production company.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
- Maintain a valid passport.
Those necessary for general office work and occasional shop/onsite work.
- Primarily office environment, with warehouse environment at times.
- Significant travel, with work outdoors or inside event venues
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the year, both domestically and internationally
Hey there. Yes, we’re talking to you…the reader of this job posting! Before you move on, here’s something to think about. Job descriptions can be overwhelming to read and can feel like an exercise to fuel self-doubt. A career is a journey of personal and professional growth and development. This means that most of the time a candidate will NOT meet every single job requirement. Perhaps you’re feeling that in this very moment. Studies show that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a job unless they meet every single job requirement. ATOMIC is committed to being an inclusive team that provides opportunity for all and celebrates the individual! So, if you’re excited about this role, and you’re on the fence…boldly approach the “apply now” button below to learn more!