Engage in the concept, design, and prototyping phases of both new product development and existing product refinement to ensure ATOMIC is consistently developing ideas into products that are marketable and meet user needs.
- Execute ideas for new products and revisions of existing products keeping in mind market requirements, quality and cost goals, and manufacturability following Product Design and Product Development Lifecycle principles.
- Utilize simple, innovative, and clever technical design including industry best practices, techniques, and standards to develop new products.
- Work on very broadly defined, loose concepts, and sometimes on narrowly defined, tactical deliverables.
- Manage new product development projects or key portions of those projects, with limited oversight.
- Provide project updates on a consistent basis to stakeholders about progress, schedule and changes. This includes to ensure the project schedule is clearly established, understood, and maintained.
- Conduct rigorous usability tests and modifying the product based on the test results.
- Conduct advanced research that aligns with future projects, industry trends, and technology.
- Coordinate and collaborate with outside vendors.
- Contribute to the development of a safety culture by ensuring work complies with all applicable safety standards.
The Product Designer reports to the Director of Technical Design. This position also works closely with team members in all other profit centers.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the product development process, design thinking, materials, and manufacturing processes
- Proficiency with Autodesk Inventor and Vault PDM with NASTRAN In-CAD, or similar package
- Project management skills
- Proficiency in 3D printing hardware/software
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Solid communication skills, written and verbal.
- Comfortable making quick models and prototypes; hands-on fabrication capabilities.
- Abilities in multiple competencies, e.g., electronics (power distribution and panel development, including circuit protection), integration of video products, mechanical engineering, lighting, etc.
- Basic programming, at a minimum the ability to develop logic and collaborate with consultants and software firms.
- Creative thinker
- Detail oriented
- Calm under pressure
- Life-long learner
- Honest & Forthright
Desired Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Engineering, Technical, Design)
- 3 years’ experience relevant work experience
- 5 years CAD use within a PDM environment
- Product Development experience portfolio
- Experience in interactive/live event product development industry a plus
- Maintain a valid passport.
Those necessary for general office work and the ability to work with power tools, hand tools, electronics, controls systems, and hardware to fabricate concepts and prototypes. This may include being on one’s feet for extended periods and lifting to 50 lbs.
- Typical office environment as well as work in workshop environment.
- Atypical working hours with project demands dictating the schedule.
Hey there. Yes, we’re talking to you…the reader of this job posting! Before you move on, here’s something to think about. Job descriptions can be overwhelming to read and can feel like an exercise to fuel self-doubt. A career is a journey of personal and professional growth and development. This means that most of the time a candidate will NOT meet every single job requirement. Perhaps you’re feeling that in this very moment. Studies show that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a job unless they meet every single job requirement. ATOMIC is committed to being an inclusive team that provides opportunity for all and celebrates the individual! So, if you’re excited about this role, and you’re on the fence…boldly approach the “apply now” button below to learn more!