Oversee the operations of all ATOMIC Modular Systems locations and operational departments, working to analyze and implement consistent policies and strategies, ensuring the profit center is functioning smoothly.
- Manage all systems and processes used in the day-to-day operations of ModS.
- Implement improvements by analyzing workflow, staffing, space requirements, and equipment needs on a regular basis.
- Analyze, develop, implement, enforce policies and strategies for the current operating software, supporting operations workflow from initial sale to return of order.
- Serve as the point person for determining the root cause of operations breakdowns, both internally and externally.
- Oversee and manage all operational departments within ModS: Warehousing, Light Assembly and 3D Printing.
- Assist in the offsite warehouse location building/tenant requirements.
- Manage the fire certification process for the ModS product and support other profit centers as needed.
- Participate in recruiting and selecting new team members.
- Develop the ModS operations team, aiding in their professional growth. In doing so, communicate job expectations and review job contributions through continuous feedback.
- Participate in compensation decisions.
- Anticipate resource needs (people, equipment, etc.) to meet client and growth requirements.
- Contribute to the development of a safety culture.
- Provide skilled contributions in any department across all ATOMIC Profit Centers.
- Travel required, at times. Approximately (30-60) days a year.
The Operations Manager reports to the Senior Director of Operations and works closely with the GM of Sales, Logistics, Shop Manager – POD2, Shop Floor Leads and Finance teams.
The following roles report to the Operations Manager: Warehouse Lead ModS (multi – location), Light Assembly Technician & 3D Printer Technician.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of inventory management systems (e.g., Flex).
- Knowledge of health and safety practices in a warehouse environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Competence with Operations and Warehouse management organization and procedures.
- Time management skills including prioritization.
- Strong trouble-shooting skills with the ability to problem-solve decisively.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with staff in various departments, levels, and locations.
- High bias for action with the proven ability to make sound decisions while ensuring accuracy and client satisfaction.
- Honest & Forthright
- Detail oriented
Desired Credentials and Experience
- 8-10 years warehouse experience.
- Maintain OSHA-certified forklift operator certification.
- Previous management/team leadership experience.
- Maintain a valid passport.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Ability to work on the floor.
- Ability to complete tasks that are typical with light warehouse work.
- Typical warehouse environment with significant temperature variability.
- Some travel required to other ATOMIC locations.