Oversee the operations of ATOMIC’s Las Vegas Modular Systems, working to analyze and implement consistent policies and strategies aligned with HQ, ensuring the location is functioning smoothly from an operations and overall leadership perspective.
Given that this is a new position in a growing market, it is anticipated this job description and associated responsibilities may be modified over time. This will not occur with out discussion, understanding, and agreement.
- Manage all systems and processes used in the day-to-day operations of ModS
- Provide overall leadership for the Las Vegas location, serving as a resource and facilitator when there are issues or concerns
- Contribute to the development of a safety culture.
- Implement operational improvements by analyzing workflow, staffing, space requirements, and equipment needs on a regular basis.
- Serve as the point person for determining the root cause of operations breakdowns, both internally and externally for the location
- Participate in recruiting and selecting new team members
- Develop the ModS operations team, aiding in their professional growth. In doing so, communicate job expectations and review job contributions through continuous feedback.
- Participate in compensation decisions.
- Anticipates future resource needs (people, equipment, etc.) to meet client and growth requirements. This includes building supplier relationships and supplier management responsibilities.
- Ensure and oversee general building maintenance, administering annual contracts for infrastructure and grounds, and addressing any building maintenance issues that arise in accordance with building/tenant requirements and ATOMIC’s needs.
The Operations Manager reports to the Senior Director of Operations and works closely with the ModS Operations, Account Management, Logistics, and Finance teams.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of inventory management systems (e.g., Flex)
- Knowledge of health and safety practices in a warehouse environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Competence with Operations and Warehouse management organization and procedures.
- Time management skills including prioritization
- Strong trouble-shooting skills with the ability to problem-solve decisively
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities, cont’d
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with staff in various departments, levels, and locations
- High bias for action with the proven ability to make sound decisions while ensuring accuracy and client satisfaction.
Desired Credentials and Experience
- 5 – 8 years warehouse management experience.
- Maintain OSHA-certified forklift operator certification.
- Management/team leadership experience.
- Maintain a valid passport.
- Ability to lift 25 pounds.
- Ability to complete tasks that are typical with light warehouse work.
- Typical warehouse environment with significant temperature variability.
- Some travel required to other ATOMIC locations.
Hey there. Yes, we’re talking to you…the reader of this job posting! Before you move on, here’s something to think about. Job descriptions can be overwhelming to read and can feel like an exercise to fuel self-doubt. A career is a journey of personal and professional growth and development. This means that most of the time a candidate will NOT meet every single job requirement. Perhaps you’re feeling that in this very moment. Studies show that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a job unless they meet every single job requirement. ATOMIC is committed to being an inclusive team that provides opportunity for all and celebrates the individual! So, if you’re excited about this role, and you’re on the fence…boldly approach the “apply now” button below to learn more!