Assist the Operations, Purchasing and Logistics Teams with the purchase of goods, materials, and services as well as coordinate logistics services.
- Run daily, weekly, monthly reports for Purchasing and Logistics
- Assist with the purchase of goods, materials, components, or services as well as research for new materials and suppliers.
- Assist in quoting inbound and outbound shipments for projects, with a primary focus on LTL (less than trailer) shipments.
- Assist in coordinating trucking and transportation needs for inbound and outbound shipments, with a primary focus on LTL shipments.
- Assist in monitoring and communicating any supply or logistics problems which may impact project(s) and/or business operations.
- Track purchases and shipments to ensure they are on schedule to meet project timeline(s).
- Book travel as needed for ATOMIC employees and clients, when Logistics Coordinator is out of office.
- Work daily with Purchasing and Logistics to ensure all project needs are met and assist as needed on various project tasks.
- Proactively communicate with internal departments and clients regarding status.
- Contribute to the development of a safety culture.
The Operations Coordinator reports to the General Manager of Operations and works closely with Finance, and departments throughout the company as a shared service. In particular, Project Management and Account Management.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work within a budget.
- 2+ years of logistics, purchasing, or procurement experience, preferably in manufacturing.
- Experience working closely with suppliers.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and Microsoft Office suite, especially Microsoft Excel
- Honest and forthright
Desired Credentials and Experience
- Previous purchasing or procurement experience, preferably in manufacturing.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Those necessary for general office work
- Typical office environment for the majority of the time.
- At times, warehouse environment.