To develop and produce construction renderings, build drawings, installation drawings, CNC files, etc.
- Design and draft two and three-dimensional construction drawings of show elements as assigned by the Program Manager.
- Create files for CNC machining.
- Support project documentation preparation as needed. Not limited to shop drawings, CNC part detail drawings, onsite packets, packing lists and truck packs.
- Maintain a highly collaborative relationship with the Project Management team with strong collaboration skills for Project Manager and Assistant Project Manager interaction.
- Contribute to the development of a safety culture.
This position reports to Program Manager and works closely with all Assistant Project Managers, Project Managers, and the shop team.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic understanding of set construction and rigging preferred. Experience in trade show exhibits, architectural or millwork industries or equivalent.
- Drafting experience with VectorWorks (preferred) or CAD.
- Ability to communicate detailed information through plan, isometric, and perspective and exploded views.
- Familiarity with theatre terms preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong math skills.
- Emotional intelligence
- Attention to detail
- Calm under pressure
Desired Credentials and Experience
- Drafting degree/certificate in Technical Theater program.
- Previous drafting experience, set construction or theatre industry preferred.
- Set construction or theater work.
- Those necessary for general office work and occasional shop/onsite work.
- Primarily office environment, with warehouse environment at times.