Did you grow up saying “objection” to your parents and friends? Do you have an eye for detail and a thirst for knowledge? How about a… let’s say, strange love (respectfully) of analyzing risk? Have we got a job for you! (Learn more…)
Guide ATOMIC with sound legal advice and strategy, ensuring solid positions in contracts, property interests, collective bargaining, and so forth. Ensure ATOMIC operates within the legal requirements set forth by local, state and federal regulations regarding trade, governance and employee rights; and that risk management is an ongoing focus.
- Provide expert contract guidance including reviewing, drafting and negotiating.
- Counsel business partners on a wide range of business law matters.
- Represent ATOMIC in any legal proceedings.
- Support leaders throughout the organization with legal guidance advising on risk and liabilities.
- Work with partners and CFO to lead M&A due diligence efforts.
- Conduct/support any employee legal matters or other employment law situations.
- Maintain an understanding of the legal landscape to anticipate potential issues.
- Research and review public relations and media releases, trademarks, patent information and licensing agreements.
- Ensure corporate compliance in all areas (e.g., Board, recordkeeping, financial, etc.).
- Support ATOMIC’s outside counsel.
- Corporate Counsel reports to the CFO
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of and experience with all manner of corporate documents.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Working knowledge of technology and digital business environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to identify issues, legal risks and potential liabilities and have judgment to know when to call upon outside counsel.
- Superior judgment
- Highly accurate
- Honest & Forthright
Credentials and Experience
- J.D. degree from ABA-approved law school and active member in good standing of Bar.
- 5-7 years’ experience with M&A experience preferred
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
- Those necessary for general office work.
- Typical office environment with occasional travel.