Build and assemble wooden scenic elements based on a plan, drawing or request.
- Construct and finish scenic elements to meet ATOMIC and client standards.
- Prepare finished pieces for next step of process (paint, labelling, packaging, etc.)
- Maintain a clean and organized wood shop.
- Keep accurate records of inventory usage.
- Interact with others on the shop floor, providing support as needed.
- Provide skilled contributions in any ATOMIC Profit Center and position as needed.
- Contribute to the development of a safety culture.
- The Carpenter reports to the Wood Shop Lead.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong carpentry skills.
- Experience with laminate, veneer, joinery, applying spray adhesives, assembling casework and spackling/filling voids.
- Experience with woodworking tools including but not limited to slide table saw, joiner, planer, edge bander, line boring machine, etc.
- Working knowledge of scenic construction and rigging.
- Knowledge of theater terms and procedures.
- Ability to read drawings and ground plans.
- Communication skills.
- Honest & Forthright
Credentials & Experience
- 5+ years of applicable scenic carpentry experience.
- 5+ years of finish cabinetry experience preferred.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- Those necessary for general warehouse work
- Typical manufacturing environment for the majority of the time with occasional offsite work at industry-based venues.