To collaborate closely with a Project Manager on the technical aspects of homes construction and manufacturing. This position can be a career pathway to the Project Manager position.
- Design and draw two- and three-dimensional drawings of elements as assigned by the Project Manager or Program Manager.
- Prepare project documentation as needed (build drawings, schematics, bill of materials).
- Maintain a highly collaborative relationship with the Project Manager during the technical design process providing support in estimating, client communications, project meetings, vendor coordination, and continuous improvement of Homes products.
- Conduct design feasibility studies to solve technical design problems.
- Compile data and perform dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings and design layouts by others.
- Source and procure specialty materials as needed.
- Proactively engage in the full project process, including supporting the Project Manager to ensure build drawings and CNC files are properly completed.
- Work with the shop floor to review drawings and answer questions during the build process.
- Contribute to the development of a safety culture.
This position reports to Program Manager and works closely with Project Manager, Floor Operations, and Directors.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Basic understanding of home construction.
- Solid skills in VectorWorks or other CAD programs.
- Knowledge of architectural terms and operations.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of materials.
- Basic project management skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
- Strong math skills.
- Strong research skills.
- Emotional intelligence
- Attention to detail
- Calm under pressure
Desired Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in technical design or related experience
- 0 – 5 years of applicable experience in live events, residential construction or architectural industries
Those necessary for general office work and shop work.
- Primarily office environment, with warehouse and manufacturing environment.
- Potential travel to vendors or future home locations.