Account Manager – Custom Fabrication/Design
Do you find yourself in the middle a lot, in a good way? Keeping everyone informed, on budget, on time? Do you live for not only the finished product but also the deepened relationship as a result of a job well done? Learn more…
Create, build and grow trusting client relationships by establishing ATOMIC as a knowledgeable and empathetic partner, ensuring our brand is maintained, the organization’s sales revenue is achieved, and profit margins are met. The Account Manager will understand the client needs and wants for ATOMIC, as well as ensure the client has confidence in our ability to serve them to deliver a quality product as promised.
- Foster and create client relationships in new and existing business opportunities.
- Develop and manage project estimates and budgets including creating a production budget for all projects.
- Negotiate client contracts ensuring profit margins are met and expectations are clear and professionally managed.
- Partner with the legal team to manage client contracts to ensure fair and equitable terms are agreed.
- Facilitate the progress of each project starting with client calls through project completion, with an emphasis on the client relationship, financial success, and clear, collaborative communication both internally and externally. This includes co-leading projects with a team of Project Managers and Designers.
- Initiate and manage projects with external partners when a project or element is to be outsourced.
- Model and facilitate open communication and collaboration among all ATOMIC team members.
- Track, oversee and manage project changes and requests to ensure clear scope is defined and delivered by ATOMIC.
- Ensure that client satisfaction is assured in an ongoing manner.
- Contribute to the development of a safe and respectful culture.
- The Account Manager reports to the GM of Account Management and works closely and collaboratively with the Technical Design, Operations, and Finance teams.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Demonstrated experience with CRM software such as Salesforce
- Experience of set construction and rigging
- Knowledge of safety factors inherent in live event projects
- Relationship-building skills
- Inquisitive with strong interpersonal skills and outstanding attention to detail.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable in a fast paced, deadline-driven, high-energy environment.
- Team player with ability to collaborate cross functionally
- Ability to read drawings and ground plans
- Ability to develop and manage a budget
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, and to work with discretion
- Strong active listening skills
- Detail oriented
- Calm under pressure
- Decision maker
- Organized, logical
- Ability to influence
- Problem solver
- Quick learner
- Emotional Intelligence
- Self- accountability
Desired Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Theatre, Scenic Design, or related field
- Minimum 2 years of account or project management experience for a scenic shop, entertainment company, theme park group, or theatrical production company
- Maintain a valid passport and driver’s license
- Those necessary for general office work
- Primarily office environment, with warehouse environment at times.
- Significant travel, with work outdoors or inside event venues
- Ability to travel up to 40% of the year, both domestically and internationally