Account Manager – Custom Fabrication/Design
Do you find yourself in the middle a lot, in a good way? Keeping everyone informed, on budget, on time? Do you live for not only the finished product but also the deepened relationship as a result of a job well done? Learn more…
Create, build and grow trusting client relationships by establishing ATOMIC as a knowledgeable and empathetic partner, ensuring our brand is maintained, the organization’s sales revenue is achieved, and profit margins are met. By utilizing the skills of a project manager, production manager or stage manager the Account Manager helps define what it takes to execute the production and how client’s story is told. The Account Manager will understand the client needs and wants for ATOMIC, as well as ensure the client has confidence in our ability to serve them to deliver a quality product as promised. This position is key in turning the client’s vision into 3-Dimentional action!
- Foster and create client relationships in new and existing business and production opportunities.
- Develop and manage project estimates and budgets including creating production budgets for design and build for all projects.
- Negotiate client contracts with expectations that are clear and professionally managed while ensuring profit margins are met.
- Partner with the legal team to manage client contracts to ensure fair and equitable terms are agreed.
- Facilitate the progress of each project starting with client calls through show completion, with an emphasis on the client relationship, financial success, and clear, collaborative communication both internally and externally. This includes co-leading projects with a Project Manager and Designer.
- Initiate and manage projects with external partners when a project or element is outsourced.
- Model and facilitate open communication and ongoing collaboration among all ATOMIC Production and Leadership team members.
- Track, oversee and manage project changes and requests to ensure clear scope is defined and delivered by ATOMIC.
- Ensure that client satisfaction is assured in an ongoing manner.
- Contribute to the development of a safe and respectful culture.
- The Account Manager reports to the Program Manager of Account Management and works closely and collaboratively with the Technical Design, Operations, and Finance teams.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity with a high-volume scenic fabrication shop’s operation and transportation needs for non-permanent installation of projects on a 3–6-week schedule from “green light” all the way through load-out.
- Experience of set construction and rigging, including knowledge of safety factors inherent in live event projects
- Comfortable in a fast paced, deadline-driven, high-energy environment.
- Ability to read drawings and ground plans.
- Ability to develop and manage a budget.
- Demonstrated experience with CRM software and data entry.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
- Inquisitive with strong interpersonal skills, ability to actively listen, and outstanding attention to detail
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with ability to collaborate cross functionally.
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, and to work with discretion.
- Detail oriented
- Calm under pressure
- Decision maker
- Organized, logical
- Ability to influence
- Problem solver
- Quick learner
- Emotional Intelligence
Desired Credentials and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Theatre, Arts Administration, Scenic Design, Production Management or related field
- Minimum 2 years of account or project management experience for a scenic shop, entertainment company, theme park group, or theatrical production company
- Possessing a comprehensive understanding of the process of theatrical or event production process, departmental structure and systems of operation
- Maintain a valid passport and driver’s license.
- Those necessary for general office work
- Primarily office environment, with warehouse environment at times
- Significant travel, with work outdoors or inside event venues
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the year, both domestically and internationally
Hey there. Yes, we’re talking to you…the reader of this job posting! Before you move on, here’s something to think about. Job descriptions can be overwhelming to read and can feel like an exercise to fuel self-doubt. A career is a journey of personal and professional growth and development. This means that most of the time a candidate will NOT meet every single job requirement. Perhaps you’re feeling that in this very moment. Studies show that women and people of color are less likely to apply for a job unless they meet every single job requirement. ATOMIC is committed to being an inclusive team that provides opportunity for all and celebrates the individual! So, if you’re excited about this role, and you’re on the fence…boldly approach the “apply now” button below to learn more!