Account Manager, Custom Fabrication
Do you find yourself in the middle a lot, in a good way? Keeping everyone informed, on budget, on time? Do you live for not only the finished product but also the deepened relationship as a result of a job well done? Learn more…
To develop and deepen client relationships, ensuring our brand is maintained and profit margins are met. This requires building a high level of trust with the client by establishing ourselves as a knowledgeable and empathetic resource. In this way, we fully understand what they need and want from us, as well as ensure they have confidence in our ability to serve them as a source of technical advice.
- Negotiate client contracts ensuring profit margins are met and expectations are clear and professionally managed.
- Develop and manage project estimates and budgets.
- Facilitate the progress of each Custom Fabrication job from client calls to project completion, with an emphasis on the client relationship, profitability, and communication internally and externally .
- Initiate and manage projects with external partners when a project or element is to be outsourced.
- Ensure that client satisfaction is assured in an ongoing manner.
- Contribute to the development of a safe and respectful culture.
The Account Manager reports to the GM of Account Management and works closely with the Technical Design, Operations, and Finance departments in addition to others companywide. Also, the Account Management position works collaboratively with Project Managers on all shows.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and Salesforce
- Solid knowledge of theater terms and operations
- Understanding of scenic construction, rigging and lighting
- Relationship-building skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills; strong listening skills
- Strong inter-personal skills that facilitate the ability to work with many personality types
- Ability to read drawings and ground plans
- Ability to develop and manage a budget
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, work collaboratively and to work with discretion
- Detail oriented
- Decision maker
- Organized, logical
- Ability to influence
- Problem solver
- Quick learner
Desired Credentials and Experience
- Life experience of a varied nature has proven helpful in this position. Examples are extensive travel, varied employment history, a service-orientation, wide but not necessarily deep experiences. 2-3 years of account or project management experience in the scenic/live event industry would be a real plus.
- Maintain a valid passport
- Those necessary for general office work
- Typical office environment for the majority of the time
- At times, warehouse environment or event venues
- Travel required