2nd Shift Shop Lead
Do you have a tool belt full of fabrication talents, from carpentry to CNC, as well as workbench full of leadership tools? And have you walked a mile or two in the steel-toes of the Scenic construction world? Read on!
Ensure work flows efficiently and effectively through all departments during 2nd Shift. Keeping an eye toward the big picture of the project and the necessary interaction with all ATOMIC Departments. As a working lead, also support in the manufacturing needs of any department.
- Manage the 2nd Shift team to ensure daily, weekly, and longer-term project goals are met.
- Maintain a strong relationship with 1st Shift Leads to ensure seamless workflow from 1st to 2nd
- Have a primary focus on CNC Router, supporting other departments for continued growth.
- Ensure that proper resources (labor, time, inventory, and floor space) are available for all projects.
- Proactively maintain equipment (weekly, monthly, quarterly, ect) and work with vendors to trouble shoot technical or mechanical issues arise.
- Proactively maintain inventory, tools and supplies.
- Communicate with all operation departments to achieve efficient workflow in the shop.
- Focus on continuous improvement via feedback from Account Management, Technical Design, Operations and client needs.
- Provide skilled contributions in any ATOMIC Profit Center and position as needed.
- Monitor and Maintain Safety Policies
- Contribute to the development of a safety culture.
- The 2nd Shift Lead reports to the Shop Floor Manager, and works closely with 1st Shift Leads, Account Managers, Project Managers, and Assistant Project Managers.
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of Scenic construction and rigging.
- Knowledge and experience with cabinetry and display projects.
- Knowledge and experience with a CNC Router
- Knowledge of theater terms and procedures.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Interpersonal skills that facilitate the ability to work with and lead many personality types.
- Solid knowledge of shop tools, hardware and supplies.
- Strong communication skills.
- Strong time management, prioritization, and planning skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Ability to read drawings and ground plans.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Honest & Forthright
Credentials & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in the scenic industry, with previous experience leading a team.
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds
- Those necessary for general warehouse work
- Typical manufacturing environment for the majority of the time with occasional offsite work at industry-based venues.